| Ph. D. Dissertation
- New Rice Tongil and the Technological System of Rice Production in South Korea in the 1970s (Seoul, Korea: Doctoral Dissertation, Seoul National University, 2009) (in Korean).
| Refereed Journal Articles
- “How Could a Scientist Become a National Celebrity? - Nationalism and Hwang Woo-Suk Scandal,” East Asian Science, Technology, and Society: an International Journal Vol. 2, No. 1 (2008): 27-45 (in English).
- “Captivated in Heroic Myths: Portrayals of the History of Science in South Korean Popular Culture,” The Korean Journal of the History of Science 35 (Dec 2013): 481-498 (in Korean).
- “The First Korean Doctor of Medicine in Ophthalmology: Early Career of Kong Pyung Woo (1907-1995) as an Unusual Example of Medical Profession in Colonial Korea,” Korean Journal of Medical History 22 (Dec 2013): 759-800.
- “The Scientific Community in South Korea in the 1950s,” Feminism and Korean Literature, no. 29 (Jun 2013): 37-69.
- “The Dream of Modernization and the Birth of ‘Scientific Heroes’: Analyses of Children’s Biographies of Korean Scientists,” The Yoksa Hakbo [The Korean Historical Review], no. 218 (Jun 2013): 73-104.
- “The Conflict between ‘The Most Scientific Character System’ and Modern Technology: Issues in the Early History of Korean Mechanical Typewriters, 1914-1968,” The Korean Journal of the History of Science 33 (2011): 395-436.
- “New Rice ‘Tongil’ and the Technological System of Rice Production in South Korea, 1966-1980,” Yoska wa Hyonsil [History and Reality], no. 74 (Dec 2009): 113-145.
- “New Rice ‘IR667’ (Tongil) and the New Epoch of Korean Agronomy,” The Korean Journal of the History of Science 30 (2008): 383-416.
- “Li Seung Ki’s Research and the Industrialization of Vinalon in North Korea: Focusing on the ‘Appropriation’ of Colonial Heritages,” The Korean Journal of the History of Science 23 (2001): 111-132.
| Book Reviews (in English)
- Review of Ine no Daitōakyōeiken: Teikoku Nihon no ‘Midori no kakumei’ [稻の大東亞共榮圈: 帝國日本の綠の革命〉] (“Great East Asian Co-prosperity Sphere of Rice: the ‘Green Revolution’ in Imperial Japan”), by Fujihara Tatsushi [藤原 辰史] (Yoshikawa Kōbunkan, 2012, in Japanese), International Journal of Asian Studies, 11 (Jan 2014): 109-111.
- Review of The Furnace is Breathing: Work and the Everyday Life in North Korea, 1953-1961, by Cheehyung Kim (Ph. D. Dissertation, Columbia University, 2010), Dissertation Reviews (2013). URL: http://dissertationreviews.org/archives/3323
- Review of Gourmets in the Land of Famine: The Culture and Politics of Rice in Modern Canton, by Seung-Joon Lee (Stanford University Press, 2011), Technology and Culture 53 (Jan 2012): 225-226.
| Translation (into Korean)
- [from Japanese] “Current Debates on Regulatory Science,” Science and Technology Policy 13, No. 5 (2003): 96-108. Translation of Takako Nakajima, “Chapter 7. Science in Debate: Debates on Regulatory Science,” in Osamu Kanamori [金森 修] and Hideto Nakajima [中島 秀人] (eds.) Science Studies in Front [科?論の現在] (Tokyo: Keisoshobo, 2002).